Space Hulk CD problems

« Older   Newer »
Grimskull44
view post Posted on 3/5/2008, 23:19

The title says it all about the first part, hello everyone.

The description needs explaining i guess: I have downloaded the old Space Hulk : Vengeance Of The Blood Angels game(From the link in the appropriate thread in downloads), and i can't figure out how to get it working. my current theory is missing files, so here's the list of what i have:

4 CD ISO's(.cue,.img,.ccd, and .sub), the Cheats, Manuals, Shots, and Strategy guide folders and all components, the pictures of the box(Front and back) and the cd, and finally the short review .txt file in the main folder.

What i do not have is any type of .exe file, autorun, etcetera. Is this as it's meant to be and just a case of me not remembering how the windows 95 games work, or has the download manager gone wrong yet again, or something else entirely(Such as the need for another download from elsewhere)?

there are 3 reasons for me creating this thread(or at least, the question part): first, my attempted search failed to find any previous topics in the forums about this(Or even the rules for the entire site, i found the rules for this forum though.), second i'd assumed like most forums you're not meant to bump threads 2 months old when you're not even sure it's a real issue in the first place. third, this is probably the game i'm most interested in now(And with the final game in my favorite series a month away, that's saying something), and so far only this site has had the PC version, so i really want to get this working so i can finally get to play it. I've played the original a lot but this version has both updated graphics, Game engine, etcetera and is focused on my favorite 40k chapter(Due to having a full 100 marine company of them in the tabletop game)

Edited by Grimskull44 - 4/5/2008, 00:59

Haohmaru
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 08:51

I've changed the title of the post 'cause was too generalist ;)
Wait for the uploader's answer now.

retrobert
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 16:51

CITAZIONE
4 CD ISO's(.cue,.img,.ccd, and .sub), the Cheats, Manuals, Shots, and Strategy guide folders and all components, the pictures of the box(Front and back) and the cd, and finally the short review .txt file in the main folder.

well, you have all you need. This is the standard package for my uploads.

CITAZIONE
What i do not have is any type of .exe file, autorun, etcetera.

well... you haven't any kind of launcher file because it isn't a files rip. Space Hulk CD was back-upped by using Clone CD. It created a cd image file (a whole cd in a file, ISO) consisting in 4 files: .cue,.img,.ccd, and .sub.

In simple words you have the original cd on your hard disk. How to start? You need a program such as Alcohol 120%. This is a burning program so you can burn the iso image by using it. It has another interesting feature too, the virtual CD. A fake cd that can use (mount) cd images! So you can "mount" (use) .cue or .ccd file with this alcohol's feature! Without burning!

After you mounted that files (.cue or .ccd) you'll get the installer, because this fake cd is like the real one and you can access and manage its contents by using windows's My Computer program.

Note that this game is really old, so you have to use virtual PC. You need also a virtual hard disk with installed windows 95. You can grab virtual pc here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

The windows 95 virtual machine here:

http://anonym.to/?http://localhost/d...al_machine.html

Install Virtual PC, extract the virtual machine and double click the .vmc file in order to start windows 95 in Virtual PC. Mount Space Hulk's cd iso in Alcohol 120% and by using Virtual PC's CD menu you can use the mounted cd and start the game installer. This is a general solution.

Grimskull44
view post Posted on 4/5/2008, 21:10

thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for the delay with my own, i've been away since 2 in the afternoon, i got back about 40 minutes ago but after it got working, i just didn't really stop.

Finally got to training level 2 and the first Genestealer contact. once again, thank you for explaining it, and now i go away for at least 4 hours to see my shiny new Blood Angels terminators get chopped up by the 'Stealers... Again. must... kill... one... thousand... genestealers...

3 replies since 3/5/2008, 23:19   363 views