MOO 2, Master of Orion 2

« Older   Newer »
Dranius
view post Posted on 24/11/2006, 20:32

Hi there, this is my first post in the comunity ( although i've been lurking around for some time), there's a certain game i've been looking for for a long time right now but i haven't found a download yet, can somebody help me out with this? The game's called Master of Orion 2 and its a really awesome game, i really want to have it. But i don't mind if the download is ripped, sure a full-game download would be nice but i'm happy so long as its playable. Thanks a lot in advance.

PS: Hey i just read something about a Sakusex part of the forum, can i have access to it too? Thanks for this as well

Saku00
view post Posted on 24/11/2006, 21:07

I'va added u in sakusex ;)

For the game i hope that retrobert'll help u ;)

Dranius
view post Posted on 24/11/2006, 21:43

Wow thanks a lot Seiken, i've bee trying to get that game for a long time now thanks! Now all i have to wait for a slot to open up so i can DL it. but is the megaupload toolbar worth downloading? And thanks for adding me Saku00.

seiken
view post Posted on 24/11/2006, 22:11

CITAZIONE
but is the megaupload toolbar worth downloading

Well,may be useful due to MegaUpload restrictions on download slots in different countries;users of free Megaupload Toolbar enjoy unlimited downloads around the clock.However there are well known issues like spyware detection after installation and it doesn't make your uploads faster and more convenient like THEY say all around the net.So.... ;)
S&iken

Dranius
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 01:04

Ah well, i guess it's a risk i'm gonna take, my computer is very well secured anyway and im ready for nay spyware, adware, etc... that tries to infect it, and i got spybot ready so ill try, thanks for the link.

Dranius
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 02:26

um... im having a problem, how do i install and run the game? I saw that there's a "installation and emulation of the game" but it's in italian and unfortunately i don't understand italian quite well :(, can somebody help me out it's not necessary to translate the whole guide, just tell me in a few steps, how to do it. Thanks a lot for the help in advance.

retrobert
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 11:04

you must use DOSBox emulator in order to run this game. (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1)

1. Extract the cd iso to a your hard drive's position (for ex: C:\Master of Orion II.nrg). Then you have to mount this cd image in a Virtual cd-rom drive utility such as Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools. In my PC the virtual drive is I:\, but your system should have a different letter, surely.

2. You have to create a new windows folder in order to emulate the ms-dos hard disk, name is as: C:\Temp (create this in C: with Temp as title... ehm... :shifty: )

3) The dosbox's configuration file must be modified, so the program can use the iso for the cd-rom as drive d: and the folder as emulated hard disk c:.

Open dosbox.conf file with wordpad/notepad, there is a link in the Start menu at DOSBox-0.65. Go to the end of the document and following:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

in a new rows, type:

mount c "c:\Temp"
mount d I:\ -t cdrom
c:

where C:\temp (the windows folder you created previuosly) is the ms-dos hard drive (where the emulator will install the game), I: is the cd-rom virtual drive where you mounted the cd image (iso), note you have to change this one with the virtual cd-rom letter you have on your system! . c: is the starting position of the ms-dos enviroment.

Save the modified document (File->Save) and run Dosbox.

4. At the ms-dos starting prompt C:> you have to type d: then press Enter/Return key. Type install follwed by an Enter/Return pressing. The installation process should start and it is a easy task. One thing, name the game installation directory simply as C:\ORION2. Then click on install button to start. Use Sounblaster 16 as selection for Music and FX effects, use the autodetect in order to specify automatically the Address, Irq and dma.

When finished use "Done" in order to back to the prompt, c:\Orion2> and type orion2 followed by Enter/return in order to start playing.

5. If you need simply to start this game from the starting position c:>, after the installation for resuming your saves, type cd ORION2 plus Enter/Return key press, then type another time ORION2 and finish with a new Enter key press.

P.S. you need a pretty fast machine for Dosbox emulator. As alternative you can try Virtual PC/VMware programs with ms-dos6.2 or windows 95/98 virtual machine. ;)

Hope you understand my selfmade english... :cry: :lol:

Edited by retrobert - 25/11/2006, 14:50

seiken
view post Posted on 25/11/2006, 11:42

Great job from Retrobert,insn't it? ;)
S&iken

Dranius
view post Posted on 27/11/2006, 18:44

Nice! Thanksa lot Rertobert now the game's running smoothly without a single bug, i took a while to do all this though as i had internet conection problems and couldnt DL Alcohol 12-% but it's working great now, thanks a lot!

9 replies since 24/11/2006, 20:32   1579 views